Calling All CNC Machining / Laser Operators: We’re Hiring!
Who are we looking for?
Owing to new business wins, we’re on the hunt for confident, new CNC machining / laser operators to come and join our team in Lincoln!
What is the role of a CNC Operator?
You will be operating computer numeric-controlled heavy machinery and will therefore understand how the machinery functions and be able to assist with the set-up and day-to-day operations. You’ll also be responsible for inspecting machines and keeping them maintained so that production processes continue smoothly and safely.
CNC Operator(s) Responsibilities:
- Oversees machinery setup to make sure arrangement is safe and ready to handle its assigned load
- Loads material into machines
- Cuts, grinds, or drills materials in machine as needed by adjusting speed, the path of the cut, and other factors
- Performs work by following the company's operating standards and international regulations
- Regularly inspect machines for mechanical and safety issues
- Ensures machines remain well-stocked so that as few interruptions of service as possible exist
- Verifies inventory and places orders as necessary
- Examines machinery production output to verify the product is acceptable to move onto the next part of the production process
- Maintains and updates records about the machine's operations and the team's overall performance
- Keeps skills sharp by reading up on machinery features and attending safety and other courses to enhance on-the-job operations
- Keeps a focus on safety by helping others to conduct themselves appropriately around operating machinery
- Works a flexible schedule to keep up with production demand during busy production periods
- Pays constant attention to surroundings to reduce accidents and injuries
- Works cordially with team members
CNC Operator(s) Skills and Qualifications:
- Education Through Apprenticeship or Technical Program (NOT ESSENTIAL)
- Production Experience
- Computer Skills
- Spatial Skills
- Excellent Oral Communication
- Safety Mindset
- Ability to Track Inventory
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Mechanical Talent
- Physical Stamina
Pay: £9.50 - £12.00 per hour dependent on skills and experience.
The jobs available are full-time subject to a successful probation period.
To apply, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2544940711
Deadline for applications: 31st May 2021