This privacy notice is issued by Micrometric Ltd. Registered in England with company number: 4315838 and with its registered office at Doddington Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, LN6 3RX.
Tel: 01522 509999 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Micrometric Ltd (Micrometric) collects and processes your personal data as a contact person (whether acting as an employee, director, agent or officer) of a customer or a supplier of services or products (or a prospective customer or supplier) to Micrometric.
It is also issued in accordance with new data protection laws – in particular the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Micrometric does not have a data protection officer. If you would like to discuss our approach to data protection or any details set out in this notice, please speak to your primary contact at Micrometric.
We only collect and use personal data for the purposes of our legitimate business needs.
We may collect the following types of personal data:
- contact details (work address, work contact numbers and email address)
- bank account details if supplied
- trading history
In the main, we use this personal data where Micrometric has legitimate business interests to do so or to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. Examples of the most common uses of your data are as follows:
- enter into and manage contracts with the company that you represent
- contact you in connection with a business contract
- general “know-your-customer” checks
- ensure we can operate that contract (i.e. authorise payments, set-up deliveries)
- contact you about new products, trade events, industry news
We typically get the data directly from you, but also via third parties, like dealers, other industry representatives or contacts.
If you choose not to give us this personal data, we may be hindered from engaging in legitimate business activities with the corporate entity that you represent.
We do not currently undertake email marketing campaigns – if we do so in the future, you would have the right to opt-out.
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
We have limited reasons to share your data with third parties. We may do so where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We would only share your data where it is lawful for us to do so under the GDPR. We do not currently and do not foresee any future reason to disclose your personal data to recipients located outside of the EEA.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it (subject to any legal, accounting or reporting requirements imposing an obligation on us to keep the personal data for a longer period).
We destroy any personal data in a controlled manner.
We have in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. For example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers – access to which is password protected
- we utilise the most up to date and robust anti-virus programmes
- we limit access to your personal data to other personnel of Micrometric who have a “need to know” the information
- any hard copies are stored in secure units, with appropriate locks.
Your rights under the GDPR
By law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party
The above-listed rights can be exercised by you in certain circumstances and are subject to conditions specified in the GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details set out in section 1 above or speak to your primary contact at Micrometric.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to an appropriate data protection authority – which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
This privacy notice is issued in October 2020. We may update this privacy notice at any time.